Lorain County, OH Arrests, Mugshots & Jail Records (2024)

What are Lorain County Arrest Statistics?

The county of Lorain had 2,204 arrests during the past three years. For 2017, the arrest rate was 201.72 per 100,000 residents. This is 72.70% lower than the national average of 739.02 per 100,000 people. Of the total arrests, 55 were for violent crimes such as murder, rape, and robbery. Lorain also processed 563 arrests for property crimes during the same year. Compared to Jefferson and Mahoning, Lorain is a more dangerous place to live.

View Ohio criminal and arrest records for other counties.

  • 2,204Arrests in the county for the last 3 years
  • 201.72Arrest rate in 2017 per 100.000 population
  • 55Violent crime arrests

Lorain County Recent Arrest Trends

The most popular crime committed in Lorain is larceny/theft totaling 344, followed by burglary, and then aggravated assault.

  • 344Larceny/Theft
  • 203Burglary
  • 32Aggravated Assault

Violent Crime Arrests vs. Non-Violent

Violent crimes include murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery and aggravated assault. Lorain County has a higher rate of non-violent crime. For 2017, Lorain tallied 55 violent crimes and 563 non-violent crimes. When compared to the national average of 739.02, Lorain is lower by 72.70% than the national average.

Lorain County Crime Rate from 2004-2017

Lorain County Arrest and Criminal Records by Age

The majority of arrests made in Lorain are between the ages of 21-30. The age group committing the fewest number of crimes is between the ages of 71-80.

Lorain County Crime Rate by Age Groups

Lorain County Police Records

Police records exist in different types of police departments and in many forms. In most typically, Lorain county police reports may be located from the local county Sheriff’s Office. You can show up in person and request files as county police records are available to anyone per the state laws and the Freedom of Information Act. The files may include Lorain county police reports, Lorain county bookings and even pictures. These files are related to when a suspect is arrested, booked, and imprisoned. First, they are questioned, and basic details is taken while policemen fills out the report. Then the police takes images of the criminal, and they are put in a jail cell until they can make bond the fees. Some areas may charge a fee for a copy of police records. You may have to go there in person and may need to have the following details for them to find your file:

  • Date and time of the occurrence
  • The location of the incident
  • Name(s) of those involved
  • Officer’s name and rank
  • Case number

This will help the attendant find the paperwork you need.

Lorain county police records can show a lot of information about a criminal. A good illustration of police record might be a traffic crash report. Some files are available to the public after a waiting period, such as 60-days.

Sometimes you can obtain copies of Lorain county police records by mail. Contact your local county Sheriff’s Office to inquire about paperwork and the cost.

Lorain County Mugshots

Lorain County mugshots have been performed since the 1800s, shortly after the creation of photography. Then in 1888, a French law enforcement officer Alphonse Bertillon standardized the process and made it the norm. Collections of these images are kept in a “mug book” to help witnesses and victims identify suspects.

Lorain county mugshots are the images taken of criminals upon arrest. Local police, Sheriff’s Offices, and other law enforcement agencies take them. Generally , the subject is photographed from the front (full-face view) and then the side (profile view). These Lorain county mugshots are kept with the person’s criminal record and police reports. They are used by victims, witnesses, and investigators to identify suspects guys.

Also , when a judge issues an Lorain county arrest warrant for other reasons , and the suspect does not show up in court, these mugshots are used to help identity the suspect.

Mugshots are readily easily found online as they are public records. Information companies portals offer mugshots with other types of files such as criminal records, arrest records and other court cases.

Felonies, Misdemeanors, and Sex Offenders

Police and arrest records will also have on felonies, misdemeanors, and sex offenders. Since everything is online available and connected, any past crimes will show up as well.

Crime Demographics by Gender and Race

Felony Crime Rate by Gender

Most of the felonies committed in Lorain, 73.3%, are perpetrated by males. The remainder of 26.7% is committed by females.

Misdemeanor Crime Rate by Race

Misdemeanors crime rates by race for Lorain are as follows: 62.2% of the crimes were committed by White, and the remaining crimes 37.8% were committed by African Americans.

Lorain County Sheriff’s Office

It is situated in Lorain county, Ohio with a total number of 81 employees - 4 female, 70 male officers and 7 civilians. Lorain County SO ORI (Originated Agency Identifier) number is OH0470000, it belongs to the East North Central division in the Midwest region with a region code of Region II.

  • Agency Name: Lorain County Sheriff's Office
  • State: Ohio
  • City: Elyria
  • Type: County
  • Address: 9896 Murray Ridge Road
  • Phone Number: 1440-329-3709
  • Fax: 440-329-3792
  • Email: lcsofb@loraincountysheriff.com
  • Website: http://www.loraincountysheriff.com/

Police Departments in Lorain County

Amherst Police Department911 N Lake St(440)988-2625
Avon Lake Police Department32855 Walker Road(440)933-4567
Avon Police Department36774 Detroit Rd(440)934-1234
Elyria Police Department18 West Ave440-323-3302
Grafton Police Department1009 Chestnut St.440-926-2261
Lagrange Police Department355 S Center St(440)355-4469
Lorain Police Department100 W Erie Ave440-204-2103
North Ridgeville Police Department7307 Avon Belden Rd(440)327-2191
Oberlin Police Department85 South Main Street(440)774-1061
Sheffield Lake Police Department609 Harris Rd(440)949-7131
Wellington Police Department115 Willard Memorial Sq(440)647-2244

Lorain County, OH Jail and Inmate Records

LORAIN County has 418 jails with an average daily population of 728 inmates with a total of 418 jail population. When breaking down the LORAIN County jail population by gender, females are a minority compared to male prisoners and make 11% with 45 female and 297 male inmates.

  • Lorain County, OH Arrests, Mugshots & Jail Records (1)418Jails
  • Lorain County, OH Arrests, Mugshots & Jail Records (2)418Prisoners
  • Lorain County, OH Arrests, Mugshots & Jail Records (3)211 %Jail Rate

How Does Lorain County Inmate Search Work?

Lorain County inmate records are public documents that anyone can get a copy of easily. The Freedom of Information Act governs the access to regarding Lorain county inmate records which provide a lot of useful details about a person.

Lorain County Booking

Lorain county bookings are also helpful when looking for details on whether or not a person has been arrested. When a criminal is arrested, the officer fills out documents and then holds them in a prison , which essentially becomes their Lorain county booking record. It may also include things like fingerprints, images , physical details, their name, and address, police officer who arrested them , the details of the crime, the location, and any cars that were involved. The general public has the power to read a copy of someone’s Lorain county booking records without any type of allowance .

Lorain County Jail

Prisons and Jails in Lorain County

Grafton Correctional Institution2500 South Avon Belden Road440-748-1161
Lorain Correctional Institution2075 South Avon-Belden Road440-748-1049
Lorain County Juvenile Detention Home9967 South Murray Ridge Road440-326-4040
Lorain County, OH Arrests, Mugshots & Jail Records (2024)
Top Articles
Latest Posts
Article information

Author: Errol Quitzon

Last Updated:

Views: 6223

Rating: 4.9 / 5 (59 voted)

Reviews: 82% of readers found this page helpful

Author information

Name: Errol Quitzon

Birthday: 1993-04-02

Address: 70604 Haley Lane, Port Weldonside, TN 99233-0942

Phone: +9665282866296

Job: Product Retail Agent

Hobby: Computer programming, Horseback riding, Hooping, Dance, Ice skating, Backpacking, Rafting

Introduction: My name is Errol Quitzon, I am a fair, cute, fancy, clean, attractive, sparkling, kind person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.